Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Listening To a Podcast


I've listened to two podcasts. They were two parts of one story. Looking through podcast's list I've noticed title :"History's greatest love affairs". So I've chosen story about Napoleon Bonapart and his mistress. And the titles of podcasts were: " Conqueror Part 1" and "Conqueror Part 2".
I'm not sure about the level of English because it wasn't exactly written. But I have no doubts that it was upper- intermediate or advanced.Next thing I noticed was the speaker's accent.On my opinion it was American English. I loved listening to these podcasts because of several reasons.
First of them is that the speaker wasn't speakint too slow or too fast.It was perfect.
Secondly, I loved the way the speaker was speaking. He wasn't speaking boringly. The speach was fluent.As he was reading I could imagine everything he was telling.
And I guess the most important reason I loved doing this task is that I've chosen the most interesting topic for me.Undoubtedly, I wouldn't have had so much fun if I hasn't been able to choose the topic by myself.
I think that these points were the reasons why I didn't have to read the text after listening. And of course these are the reasons why I' d to listen podcasts just two times each.
To sum up, on my opinion such tasks are really useful for students, because we can hear the real English. Also it helps us to prepare for our future English exam.By the way, today I' ve found some new facts about really famous person.
@-->-

No comments: